We usually see Nawabi Kofta in the menu at the restaurants. The aromatic koftas take our hearts away but have you tried making it at home with a twist? Whether you have already made it or not, be prepared to be asked for the recipe when you will serve this Toor Dal based Nawabi Kofta where we have replaced Chana dal with tuwar dal for a differently crispy taste.
Generally, Kofta is served as the main course but this crispy Kofta can be served as a starter too. You are surely going to like it! If you are looking for more of easy snacks, do have a look at Moreish Pakoda.
- 1 Cup Toor Dal
- Handful Coriander Leaves
- Chopped Onions (1 Medium Sized Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Saunf
- Curry Leaves (A Handful)
- 1/4th Cup Rice Flour
- 1/4th Cup Besan
- Salt (as required)
- 1 tsp. Green Chilli
- 1 tsp. Jeera
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ inch cinnamon
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Soak Rentio tuwar dal in warm water for 4 hours first. Grind the dal in a mixer to form a paste.
- Now empty the paste in a bowl and start preparing for the spices.
- Take chopped onions in another bowl. Add green Chilli, Garlic, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves, cinnamon, Saunf, jeera, Baking soda and Salt to the bowl. Grind these ingredients in a mixer.
- Empty the contents in a bowl of toor dal paste and add rice flour and Besan. Mix it well to form a smooth batter.
- Take small portions of the batter and give Kofta shape.
- Now fry these koftas until golden brown.
Serve it with chutney, sauce or in gravy as you like. If you want to turn Kofta from starter to the main course, savoring it with tandoori butter roti will leave a long-lasting taste in your mouth.
Meanwhile, have a look at best-grade Rentio Toor Dal which makes your starters, main course as well as desserts yummier.